The West Kootenay EcoSociety is proud to offer three distinct opportunities for local craftspeople, farmers, and entrepreneurs.
Cottonwood Community Market runs every Saturday from May 18 to the end of October (a total of 24 market days). Farm products, crafts, services, and more are welcome. We have 9 log stalls, 17 covered table spaces, and room for 18 10x10 canopies.
Nelson Downtown Local Market runs every Wednesday from June 12 to the end of September on the 400 block of Baker Street for a total of 16 market days. We have 46 10'x10' vendor spaces available. The Downtown market is full for 2013. If you have farm direct products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MarketFest takes place on one Friday night each month of the summer on three blocks of downtown Nelson. Market Fest will take place on June 28, July 26, and August 23. This year, we will have a food court on Kootenay Street and accommodate 100 vendors. We are looking forward to another exciting season at the markets!
If you want to be a drop in vendor at Cottonwood Market please read the following:
- Arrive ready to vend on any Saturday between May 18 thru October 26 at 8:00 am at Cottonwood Market at Cottonwood Falls park in Nelson
- If you have a 10x10 canopy tent bring it with you as it gives you more option on your placement as a vendor a Cottonwood Market
- Wait in the middle of the market by the stage for the Markets Director to arrive at 8:00 am
- The Markets Director will place drop in vendors on a first come first served basis in their stall spot.
- Many vendor spots are sold to season vendors so do not begin to set to vend with out talking first to the Markets Director
If you want to be a season vendor at Cottonwood Market please contact the Markets Director at email@example.com
Downtown market for 2013 is sold out. Click here if you would like to be notified of the application process for 2014.
Market Fest is sold out for 2013.
All vendor fees include GST
Cottonwood Market: Vendor fees will be $21 for a covered table or 10x10 booth, $26 for a log stall, or $11 for a partial stall. Season vendors who pay by May 1 will receive a 15% discount. Season vendors who pay in advance and sell locally-made or locally-grown products receive an additional 5% discount. Tables are provided, and there is a limited number of extra canopies available.
Downtown Market: Vendor fees will be $26 per day for a 10x10 spot. Season vendors who pay in full by May 1 will save 20% ($357).
Market Fest: There will be no refunds for cancellations. There will be no new registrations less than one week before the market. Vendor fees are as follows (all prices include GST):
- 10x10 Vendor booth (not ready to eat food): $36.75 each
- 10 x 10 Vendor booth (ready to eat food): $42 each
- 10 x 10 Vendor booth (truck/trailer): $63 each
Fees can be paid by cheque, money order, Visa, or MasterCard. Click here for the Vendor Fee Payment form (coming May 2).
Thank you for your interest in becoming an EcoSociety Vendor! We appreciate all that you do!